Four Books to Read, Written by Philly Authors
With March being Women’s History Month, now is the best time to celebrate and indulge in must-read novels by these great (and local!) Philly women:
- Disgruntled: A Novel by Asali Solomon
- Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Ladysitting by Lorene Cary
Three Philly Recipes to Try
If you want to live like a local, you have to cook like a local, too. Here are a few staples to get you started:
- Tomato Pie: A Philly tradition, hot or cold.
- Soft Pretzel: Just add spicy mustard.
- Trader’s Joe’s Philly Cheesesteak Bao Buns: Okay, okay… So, this one’s not homemade, but it’s a twist on the classic cheesesteak and an absolute must-try.
Two Philly-Themed Things to Watch
No introduction needed for these two:
- Have you seen the OG Rocky? If not, stop what you are doing and queue it up right now! You can rent it on Google Play here for just $2.99. Then, of course, head to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to take a photo with Philly’s beloved Rocky Statue or run up the Rocky steps.
- Dispatches from Elsewhere, a new Anthology series featuring Jason Segal, is THE show for Philly locals. It was shot right here in Philly this past summer (were we the only ones seeing Jason Segal everywhere?) and features all of our favorite Philly locations—Rittenhouse Square, Old City, and more! Watch for free here.
Start Preppin’ for Intern Philly
Surprise! Intern Philly, our online-exclusive job fair, has been extended, and now kicks off March 15 on campusphilly.org/launch!
We understand that in-person career fairs and other events at universities have been cancelled, so we’ve got your back—virtually, that is! That’s why we’ve added more days, more gigs, and more resources than ever to our online-only job fair. Plus, what better way to apply for gigs than from home (and in your jammies!).
So, whether you’re searching for your next internship, or you’re graduating this spring and want to land a full-time job, you can find a career-launching opportunity in the Greater Philadelphia Region this March.
Register for an account today (it’s free!) and start preppin’ now with our Guide to Intern Philly!