Prisoner Visitation and Support (PVS) is a volunteer visitation program for people incarcerated in federal and military prisons throughout the United States.
Our mission is to provide prisoners with regular, face to face contact from the world outside of prison to help them cope with prison life, encourage personal growth, and prepare for successful reentry into society.
Our vision is to provide qualified visitors to fulfill all requests for visits by prisoners in every federal and military prison.
Our priority is to visit those prisoners who: do not ordinarily receive visits from family and friends; want or need visits; are in solitary confinement; are on death row; or are serving long sentences.
PVS is seeking a marketing intern to help spread awareness of the organization in our communities, as well as to identify potential new organizations and groups to engage with. The internship will provide a hands-on experience from preparing marketing materials and managing supporting marketing campaigns to outreach to constituency groups. Interns have the chance to work directly with PVS Team and make true, meaningful impact during their time with the organization.
• Prepare various marketing materials, including emails, flyers, digital campaigns etc.
• Create content and graphics using platforms such as Canva and Pinterest, for dissemination on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media aimed at growing new members, donors, volunteers, and business supporters, and increasing the engagement of current ones.
• Attend committee meetings remotely as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Self-starter; ability to initiate and work independently.
• Excellent time management skill
Positions Available: 2